2017 Projects (Batting Average: 900)
- Council approval of a three-unit ownership development in the Berkeley Hills.
- Zoning Board approval of four-unit ownership development.
- Development analysis for Berkeley businesses and sites, including MUR and MULI zone developments, non-profit programs, a K-12 Berkeley school, and a non-profit that provides an alternative to prison for non-violent offenders.
- Council approval of a controversial major residential addition.
- Development Strategy for a guest house in the Berkeley Hills.
- Resolution of a view dispute for a major residential addition in the Berkeley Hills. This is like parking a car in a Berkeley Bowl parking lot full of Rolls Royces. The fuss was over a 1 degree encroachment on a 180 degree view.
- Application for a opioid addiction treatment center in Richmond. The owner withdrew the application prior to the public hearing and is seeking an alternative site.
- Site selection for an education center in Richmond, and a meditation center in the East Bay.
2016 Projects (Batting Average: 1,000)
- Council approval of Master Lease and entitlements for reuse of 300,000 sq. ft. building on the former Alameda Naval Air Station.
- Mixed use including live/work, light manufacturing, and commercial.
- Entitlements for Brew Pub with manufacturing, tasting room, retail, and quick service restaurant in Berkeley’s MULI district.
- Entitlements for three new single-family homes in the Berkeley Hills. Successfully fended off an appeal (though not a lawsuit from a dedicated agitator.)
- Advice on non-conforming multi-family building in Berkeley.
- Talked many small businesses and sole proprietors through the planning process, so that they could find the right location and handle their own applications with confidence.
- Advice to major employers in Berkeley on long range planning.
2015 Projects (Batting Average: 1,000)
- Entitlements for 56 unit housing development on the south side of campus, Berkeley. In progress.
- Entitlements for Brew Pub and Quick Service Restaurant, Gilman Street, Berkeley. Approved.
- Entitlements for an Urban Farm, with summer camp facilities and short term residential. Approved.
- Two elementary schools. Relocation and site development. Richmond and Berkeley. Approved and constructed.
- Retail permit for artisan food manufacturer, West Berkeley. Approved.
- Entitlements for conversion of commercial space to residential, West Berkeley. Approved.
- Many accessory dwelling units. (New rules in Berkeley!) All approved.
- Development potential studies for sites in Berkeley, El Cerrito, Emeryville, Oakland.
- Development concept and political groundwork for historic preservation and reuse of Navy building, Alameda.
2014 Projects (Batting Average: 1,000)
- Entitlements for West Berkeley manufacturer. Approved.
- West Berkeley Lot: Determine development potential for a mid-sized Berkeley technology company, for use in purchase negotiation and Use Permit application.
- North Berkeley Multifamily Residential Complex: Determined potential for expansion of a legal non-conforming use.
- Berkeley 501(c)3 organization that provides after school programs for children: Site selection, lease advice, and a clear path toward Planning Department approval.
- Southside Lot: Determine development potential for multifamily housing under the Southside Plan.
Mikiten Land Use Consulting | Elisa Mikiten M.C.P. | Tel: 510.990.6965 | Email Us